Today is World Smile Day! To celebrate, we wanted to share some fun facts about your smile:
1. The first World Smile Day was celebrated in 1999 by Harvey Ball, an artist from Massachusetts.
2. Smiling is the universal sign for happiness.
3. It takes more muscle and energy to frown than smile.
4. Your teeth are unique to you, similar to a fingerprint. Your teeth can determine your age, ethnicity, and eating/drinking habits.
5. Smiling is the first facial expression that babies can make.
6. We spend almost 39 days in our lifetime brushing our teeth.
7. Brushing your teeth and having a healthy smile can really save your life. It prevents dental issues which can lead to serious health problems such as cardiovascular diseases.
8. Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
9. Unlike bones in the body, teeth are unable to repair themselves.
10. A smile really is contagious, so pass one along today!
If you are looking for a reason to smile, we’ve got you covered. Enter code WSD2017 to receive a $15 discount on your OTIS custom night guard! (Offer expires 10/16/17)