World Smile Day 2017 - Fun Facts About Your Smile!
Today is World Smile Day! To celebrate, we wanted to share some fun facts about your smile:
- The first World Smile Day was celebrated in 1999 by Harvey Ball, an artist from Massachusetts.
- Smiling is the universal sign for happiness.
- It takes more muscle and energy to frown than smile.
- Your teeth are unique to you, similar to a fingerprint. Your teeth can determine your age, ethnicity, and eating/drinking habits.
- Smiling is the first facial expression that babies can make.
- We spend almost 39 days in our lifetime brushing our teeth.
- Brushing your teeth and having a healthy smile can really save your life. It prevents dental issues which can lead to serious health problems such as cardiovascular diseases.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
- Unlike bones in the body, teeth are unable to repair themselves.
- A smile really is contagious, so pass one along today!
If you are looking for a reason to smile, we’ve got you covered.